Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tucker the Golden

This week I am caring for Tucker, a sweet, female Golden Retriever. She is the embodiment of goldens. She is smart, sweet, caring, personable, everything you expect from the breed. She also has a sense of humor, and smiles the biggest smile I have seen. She loves her peoples and her home. She also loves her stuffies and has them all over. She is very careful with them, unlike most dogs, she does not rip them open to get to the stuffing. She understands so many words you can nearly have a conversation with her. She loves to please and get her belly rubs. She, like many dogs, misses her family and she will let you know that she misses them. That sweet little whine and look of I am glad your here but I will be happier when my peoples return. She is so funny too. You can tell her to eat and she will take two bites and look at you like is that enough, will you pet me now? She knows though, she gets no treats until she finishes her din din. She wags her tail the entire time she eats, it is so cute. I love to just sit with her and rub her ears and talk to her. She has a wonderful, caring family that loves her dearly, and I lover her too.

Golden Retrievers are notable the most intelligent of all the dog breeds, used for all sorts of purposes, including service dogs to the disabled. I fell in love with Goldens when I started reading books by the author Dean Koontz. He has featured the breed in many of his books, as well as his beloved dog Trixie had a few books of her own. He and his wife even set up a foundation for the breed in the memory of Trixie who passed away.

They are a great family dog, gentle with children and protector of the home. They are suitable for all types of living, from apartments and city life, to country homes and hunting. They are energized and love to take walks, and play fetch, eager to please at every turn. If you are considering adding a dog to your family, you can not go wrong with this breed.

I hope you enjoy this View of a Dog Walker, and this little insight to a wonderful dog.

Susan
KCPS


1 comment:

  1. What a cute picture. I love the post. You know her so well. And she does know a lot of words. It's amazing. Thank you for all you do for her!!
    Her family

    ReplyDelete